Wikimedia:Become a Member
ვიკიმედიის მომხმარებელთა საქართველოს ჯგუფი
Wikimedia Community User Group Georgia is an officially registered non-profit (non-commercial) legal entity representing the Wikimedia Foundation User Group. The Wikimedia Foundation is a US-based nonprofit organization that operates and manages the Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia Community User Group Georgia (Geo.: ვიკიმედიის მომხმარებელთა საქართველოს ჯგუფი) created in 2015 by active members of Wikimedia contributors living in Georgia, who are interested in organizing and participating in outreach activities on a national level. It aims to promote and participate in the projects offered by the Wikimedia Foundation and to organize the Georgian community. One of its core missions is to aid and encourage people to collect, develop and disseminate knowledge and other educational, cultural and historic content in the public domain or other licenses that allows everyone to freely use the knowledge, and to distribute and modify said content for free.
Wikimedia UG Georgia is an open membership Organization, so anyone who meets the requirements below can become a member of our Organization.
Requirements for Members
According to Article "5.7" of the Wikimedia UG Georgia Bylaws, new members are recruited by the Board of Trustees. Accordingly, Board Members must make sure that you are the person who should be a member of that Organization. To do this, you must meet the statutory and optional requirements.
- Read the Bylaws of the Wikimedia UG Georgia.
- Members of the Organization may be those who share the goals of the organization, are willing to work actively within the Organization and recognize its Bylaws.
- You are familiar with the mission and activities of the Wikimedia Foundation and the Wikimedia UG Georgia.
- You are a participant in at least one Wikimedia project (e.g. you are a Wikipedia editor).
- You have been participating in Wikimedia projects for at least one month.
Before joining the organization you should consider the following provisions:
- Your Name and Surname will be publicly available on Wikimedia.
- Your working¹ Username will be public.
- Your working² e-mail will be public.
- Your personal information will not be disclosed (personal or passport number, date of birth, mobile number, personal e-mail).
- Optionally you can submit your picture (from Commons only) and it will be placed on Members page.
You can join an organization in two ways:
- You should download this form (from Commons), print it out and fill it out, then scan it (or take with high-resolution camera (min.: 10MP) image) and send your contact (phone number and e-mail) information with it: infowikimedia.ge.
- Optionally, you can include a link to your image from Commons to display it in the Members list.
- You must fill out the form below via the link, then you should visit and sign the application form.
- After registration, your candidacy will be submitted to the Board of Trustees for approval at the nearest meeting.
- Your personal information will be protected by the laws of Georgia and the United States.
- Please note that the Wikimedia UG Georgia may share personal information about you only with the Wikimedia Foundation and the state structures of Georgia.
- About joining the organization, you will be notified by e-mail.
- Working Username — the username you sign up for at ge.wikimedia.org.
- Working e-mail — e-mail ending in domain wikimedia.ge.